In today’s competitive world, disputes resulting in legal action are on the rise. No matter how high or low your turnover might be, legal budgets and litigation spending can be relatively tight. Unfortunately, these rising legal costs are preventing access to justice. SMEs in particular, are having to consider whether or not to participate in taking legal action even where they have a strong case. Given this inability to protect their business in the event of a dispute, SMEs are losing confidence when it comes to trading with larger entities.
In addition to dealing with disputes, SMEs are also now faced with the huge burden of keeping up to date with business legislation and regulatory requirements. There is also the fact that businesses need to protect themselves should revenue be lost due to non-payment of a customer invoice.
Protect your client against the potentially heavy burden of legal expenses
Lion Underwriting has put together a comprehensive Legal Expenses Insurance cover. The policy provides telephone legal advice and covers the costs of pursuing or defending certain classes of legal action.
Key cover benefits
- Commercial Contract Disputes – pursuit or defense of a contractual dispute over a contract of sale of goods or a contract for the hire of cords or a contract for the supply of a service.
- Criminal Prosecution – defense of criminal prosecution and appeals of a remedial or stop-work order under the Workplace Safety and Health Act.
- Employment Disputes – defense of legal proceedings brought against you by an employee, ex-employee, or prospective employee in respect of their contract of employment with you or a breach of employment-related legislation.
- Property Disputes – pursuit or defense of property related matters including landlord and tenant issues.
- Data Protection – defense of disputes or legal proceedings brought against you under the Privacy Act 1988.
- Statutory License – pursuit of appeals against the suspension, revocation, imposed alteration of, or refusal to renew a Statutory License.
- Employees breach of Restrictive Covenants – pursuit costs for an injunction against an employee or ex-employee for their breach of an express restrictive covenant relating to soliciting your employees or customers.
- ATO Tax Investigation Protection – representation costs and accountancy fees arising directly from a tax audit including ATO Investigations, GST Disputes and Fringe Benefits Disputes
Get in touch with the team at Lion Underwriting to receive personalised advice and learn more about their latest Legal Expenses Insurance cover.